…the team providing the logistic and quality support to our warehousing operations consists of 60-65 people well versed in all aspects of pharmaceutical wholesaling activities including the proper execution of goods-in procedures, FMD requirements for verification or decommissioning, the release of goods to saleable stock, picking and packing, distribution, return handling, complaints processing, recall administration or product destruction…
Should any business organization intend to enter local or regional markets – or remain competitive once its presence is already established – it is of paramount importance to find a reliable logistics service provider whose facilities as well as personnel are well suited for pharmaceutical wholesaling activities. Larger – typically multinational companies – tend to establish their own logistics facilities locally while others outsource such services and use specialized operators in the field. The latter might prove to be a quicker and more cost-efficient solution as the advantages of contracting with a local professional logistics operator include specialized facilities and staff with specific expertise and also offers a network of well-established relationships with all relevant market participants including regulatory authorities, other wholesalers, pharmacies or healthcare institutions.
PHARMAROAD KFT. provides complex logistics services to numerous manufacturers, marketing authorization holders and distributors active in the Hungarian market. We service our partners from a 2300-square-meter facility located in the pharmaceutical district of the capital where many of the country’s largest manufacturers and service providers are located. Our facility is licensed to store a wide selection of products (including psychotropics and narcotics) in three different temperature ranges (2-8 C / 8-15 C / 15-25 C). The distribution of our product assortment – which includes approximately 9000 products – generates the sales of around 12 million boxes annually. Our portfolio of partners consists of around 400 pharmacies, public and private healthcare institutions, contract research organizations and other wholesalers.
The team at our company providing the logistic and quality support to the warehousing operations consists of 60-65 people well versed in all aspects of pharmaceutical wholesaling including the proper execution of goods-in procedures, FMD requirements for verification or decommissioning, the release of goods to saleable stock, picking and packing, distribution, return handling, complaints processing, recall administration or product destruction among many other areas. Our warehousing management system facilitates the processing of more than 600 daily orders that on average account for 50 000 units being handpicked and packed by our colleagues. As per the regulatory requirements, our system is also connected to the national data repository of the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS) allowing all mandatory transactions to be executed as prescribed by the Falsified Medicines Directive and Delegated Regulation.
Our expertise within the realm of logistics support include the following services:
- Full scale logistics services (transportation, storage, distribution, quality system management, etc.) according to the applying regulatory standards (GMP, GDP, GCP, etc.);
- Assistance in the application for and acquisition of a Wholesaler Distribution Authorization in Hungary;
- Storage and distribution of products in three temperature ranges (2-8 C / 8-15 C / 15-25 C);
- Storage and distribution of psychotropic and narcotic products;
- Expertise in executing all related transactions (verification, decommissioning, alert handling and management, etc.) within the framework of the Falsified Medicines Directive and Delegated Regulation;
- Handling and administration of incoming international consignments including all relevant quantitative and qualitative checks, FMD related procedures, release to saleable stock and complaint management;
- Management and processing of purchase orders in high volumes;
- Country-wide distribution of products in GDP certified, temperature controlled vehicles.